Susan Stamps 2 & Lots More

Monday, June 30, 2008

I was accepted to Ranger U!

Guess what? Out of 125 applicants I was accepted! So off to Tinton Falls, NJ I went. I have been back a week and I think I am recovered now. It was such a wirlwind weekend that it was almost not enough time to learn everything! I started off by leaving my home on Thursday at 4:30 in the morning to get to the airport early. What was I thinking trying to leave early? I guess I was just excited to get there. When I arrived in Newark I was graciouly picked up by another attendie Terri Ventura http://www.dimestoredaze.com/. I arrived around 2:30 in the afternoon. We had no plans for the evening so I called Robin Beam to see if we could meet up with her. Terri and I were both able to go to dinner with Robin. She even showed us around town. I'm not sure where we were except that we were in New Jersey and by the water. We walked around some great shops and had great dinner. Then on Friday Ranger U started. The weekend was jam packed with information. We started out with a tour of Ranger Facilities. I was able to see Stickles made. I watched it being put into bottles, the tip put on, lid put on and then the label. Then we were each able to take one off of the line! WOW! Then we learned Melt Art instructed by Suze Weinberg, had lunch then instruction by Claudine Hellmuth.


I can't tell you what Claudine taught us. It is top secret. If I told you I would have to kill you! After Claudine we had a BBQ at Ranger. The BBQ was a nice way to relax and to get to know each other. At the BBQ I was able to chat alot with Suze and her husband Lenny. I also got to know Kezia Whitteker with http://www.tinkeringink.com/ and Vicki Boutin a CK Hall of Famer http://www.vickiboutin.typepad.com/ . Not bad for a first day at Ranger U!


1 Comments:

At July 19, 2008 at 9:03 AM , Blogger Tiff said...

Hi! I'm a fellow SCS girl and your name is before mine on the RAK roster!!! I was just cruisin around...and I came across your blog! A-MAZ-ing! I can't believe you were accepted to Ranger U! Sweet! I wish I could've been there for that top secret session with Claudine...sigh*

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home